The Job Knowledge Platform seeks to find practical solutions for job creation and job opportunities. It aims to:
- Share insights and build synergies across different approaches, sectors, and disciplines
- Create a community to exchange challenges and solutions
- Inform important policy debates
The platform his managed by the World Bank in collaboration with partner organizations the Economic Research Forum, Fedesarrollo, the International Development Research Centre, the IZA the Institute for the Study of Labor, the Latin American and Caribbean Economic Association, the McKinsey Global Institute, and REALM/AMERU.
It is presently seeking applications from NGOs, international organizations, think tanks, academia, civil society, and other key stakeholders in the jobs agenda for the following awards:
1. Most Promising Approach Award
2. Most Recommended Award (based on the number and ranking of online user reviews)
3. Best in Addressing Political Economy and Implementation Challenges Award
Each category will have one winner, to receive an award of $5,000 USD from the JKP, through its partner The Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
Winners will be invited and flown in to the awards ceremony in the Fall.
Submissions can be made online at jobsknowledge.org or email. To be considered for the awards, forms must be submitted by
September 15, 2012
December 15, 2012.
(IMPORTANT: Please note that the JKP website continues to show the deadline as September 15, 2012 which, according to our sources, will be updated soon to December 15, 2012)
For more information, visit this link.