Deadline: 10 September 2014
Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) and individuals working to increase the access of computer science related training, jobs and leadership roles for women and girls in Africa are invited to apply for Women Enhancing Technology (WeTech)’s Seed Fund for Women + Girls. Volunteer-led organizations are highly encouraged to apply for the grant.
- $2,000-$5,000 for individuals and volunteer-led or smaller organizations
- $5,000-$20,000 for organizations with an annual operating budget of at least $25,000
Priority is given to projects demonstrating
- a collaborative approach
- plans for sustained engagement with women and girls involved in initial project activities
- an innovative use of technology
- realistic plans for expansion and growth
- Applicant can be from any country in the African continent.
- Applicant must be an individual working independently (minimum 18 years old), or a representative of a non-governmental organization (NGO), social enterprise or educational institution based in Africa.
- Applicant must be able to demonstrate previous experience conducting high-impact activities supporting women and girls in computer science or STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) fields.
- Applicant must be able to demonstrate leadership potential.
- Application must be made in English language.
- Applicant must be committed to developing and contributing to a virtual community for WeTech Seed Fund grantees
- Applicant must be committed to report quarterly on their progress and also participate in and contribute to a virtual community of fellow grantees.
For more information, please visit WeTech Seed Fund.