Deadline: 7 October 2014
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID)Bangladesh’s Innovation for Improving Early Grade Reading activity is open for submitting Concept Papers.
The program’s goal is to fund innovations leading to widespread improvements in literacy skills for Bangladeshi students via improved teaching and learning materials, increased local capacity, better trained teachers to develop literacy skills for students, and better education data to support decision-making, transparency, incentives and accountability.
Activities should address one or more of the following problem areas
- Poor quality and relevance of curriculum and materials
- Inadequate quality of instruction and teachers’ professional development
- Large classroom sizes and high pupil to teacher ratios
- Lack of parental and community engagement
- The applicant organizations should have improving learning outcomes by building teacher effectiveness and strengthening classroom and school management.
- Applicants must be building institutional capacity of local organizations to promote early grade literacy.
- Applicants must be promoting innovative low cost effective interventions that promote early grade literacy for students.
- Selected applications will be invited to submit full applications.
For more information, please visit grants.gov and search for funding opportunity SAID-BANGLADESH-APS-388-14-000001.