Gender and Agriculture/Rural Development in the Information Society (GenARDIS)A Small Grants Fund is available to address Gender Issues in Information and Communication Technologies for Agricultural and Rural Development in Africa.
The GenARDIS grants will involve a deeper focus on capacity-building, knowledge- sharing and policy outputs.
It aims to sustain and deepen the integration of gender perspectives into rural development and ICT4D initiatives, taking into account developments such as web 2.0 in agriculture and rural development and Free and Open Source Software solutions (FOSS).
GenARDIS proposals can be aimed at:
· Understanding gender differences in the use of ICTs
· Promoting ICT use among rural women (sensitisation)
· Improving rural women’s access to ICTs-
· Improving the skills and capacities of rural women in using ICTs
· Increasing the attractiveness of ICTs for rural women by providing relevant content
· Using Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) applications
This is a competitive call for applications for 15 grants of up to 7,000 Euros. Proposals can be submitted in English and French.
Please note that only organizations with institutional and personal capacity to carry out the proposed projects and who are located in Africa, the Caribbean and the Pacific (ACP) countries are eligible for consideration under the GenARDIS programme.
E-mail applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Submissions by post should be sent to: GenARDIS Small Grants Fund, c/o Association for Progressive Communications (APC), Attention. Jennifer Radloff, P.O BOX 297552109 Africa, Fax: +27 11 726 1692.
For more details, visit: Gender and Agriculture/Rural Development Grants Website