· Each year three winners will be selected from three different African countries.
· Each winner will receive EUR 7,000, generously contributed by Microsoft Research, of which EUR 2,000 may be spent at the recipient's discretion and EUR 5,000 shall be earmarked for further research. Each prize also carries a certificate bearing a citation highlighting the major contributions for which the prize is awarded.
· The prizes will be presented to the recipients at a special ceremony to be held each year in Nairobi, Kenya, and organized by TWAS and AAS.
· Nominees can be any nationality, but must have been resident in Africa for at least two years prior to their nomination.
· Nominees must have received their most recent degree (Master's or Ph.D.) within the previous ten years.
TWAS-AAS-Microsoft Award for Young Scientists, ICTP Campus, Strada Costiera 11, I-34014 Trieste, Italy. Phone: 39 040 2240-387 E-mail: prizes[at]twas.org. Fax: +39 040 2240-689.
For More Information and Application Visit: TWAS-AAS-Microsoft Award for Young Scientists