The Progressive Educational Fund (PEF) is an educational fund established by the African Youth Foundation (AYF) to support disadvantaged youth in Africa.
PEF provides support for up to three years of formal graduate-level study.
· Applicants must be resident nationals of an African Country.
· Schools interested in this scholarship fund should submit maximum 3 students for sponsorship.
Successful candidates will:
· Have experience in community service or development-related activities.
· be prepared to pursue a degree or Diploma that will directly enhance their leadership capacity in a practical, policy or academic discipline corresponding to one or more of the Foundation's areas of endeavour.
· Present a plan specifying how they will apply their studies to social problems or issues in their own countries.
· Commit themselves to working on these issues following the sponsorship period.Candidates are chosen on the basis of their progressive potential and commitment to community or national service, as well as for academic excellence.
Candidates may enrol in first degree or first professional qualification programs and may pursue any academic discipline or field of study that is consistent with the interests and goals of the PEF.
Once selected, Candidates may enrol in an appropriate higher education program in Africa.
PEF selects candidates on the strength of their clearly-stated intention to serve their communities and countries of origin, support the activities of PEF, and expects that they will honour this obligation.
Application process: All applications must be submitted to the AYF office in Germany.
More than one member of the same family cannot be sponsored!
Application deadlines are 15. January and 15. July annually. (Please note: Students age should not exceed 32 years).
For more information and application guidelines, visit: The AYF Progressive Educational Fund Website