Deadline: 12 January 2015
The Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights and Labor (DRL) is inviting Request for Proposals (RFP) from organizations for promoting religious freedom in Malaysia. It seeks to make a lasting impact by encouraging reforms and structural changes that take advantage of changing social and political dynamics.
Religious Freedom in Malaysia approximately $350,000 pending availability of funding: Projects seek to address societal pressures against religious minority groups in Malaysia; promoting religious acceptance; encouraging intra-faith and interfaith dialogue; opportunities for individuals from different faith backgrounds for addressing religious freedom from a rule of law, good governance, and related framework.
- Be a U.S.-based or foreign-based non-profit organization/non-government organization (NGO).
- Be a public international organization.
- Be private, public, or state institutions of higher education.
- Be a for-profit organization or business.
- Have existing, or the capacity to develop, active partnerships with thematic partners or in-country partners, entities, and relevant stakeholders including industry and NGOs.
- Have demonstrable experience administering successful and preferably similar projects.
- Quality of Program Idea/Inclusivity of Marginalized Population
- Program Planning/Ability to Achieve Objectives
- Cost Effectiveness
- Program Monitoring and Evaluation
- Multiplier Effect/Sustainability
- Institution’s Record and Capacity
Application components: Completed and signed SF-424 and SF424; executive summary; a statement of work or synopsis of the program; a concise breakdown of program objectives, activities and expected results; a brief description of the applicant(s).
How to apply?
- Applications must adhere to the DRL’s posted Proposal Submission Instructions (PSI) for Full Proposals, given on the website.
- The applications should be in English or an original document within the application is in another language, an English translation is provided.
- Organizations may form consortia and submit a combined proposal. However, one organization should be designated as the lead applicant.
- All the proposals should be sent electronically to the website given in the announcement by the closing date.
For more information, please visit: Religious Freedom.