Panavision® believes in helping students and beginning filmmakers achieve their dreams. More than 25 years ago, Panavision launched the New Filmmaker Program, an ongoing grant program that loans camera packages to film schools, training programs, and independent filmmakers – at little or no charge. Panavision’s commitment to the industry's future provides student and beginning filmmakers the opportunity to work with professional grade equipment early in their careers.
The New Filmmaker Program loans film or digital camera packages (based on availability) to filmmakers for student thesis films, “low-budget” independent features, showcase reels, Public Service Announcements, or any other type of short not-for-profit project. The New Filmmaker Program has served hundreds of aspiring filmmakers, many of them eventually becoming regular Panavision customers.
Applying for the Program
To submit your project for consideration for the New Filmmaker Program, submit a proposal that includes the following:
- Cover letter describing the status of your production, desired format, and some background about yourself. (If you are working on a thesis project for school, you must also submit a letter of reference from your professor on school letterhead.)
- Shooting schedule
- Copy of the script
- Copy of your budget
- Resumes and bios of all key people involved
- Contact information (e-mail/phone number) for all key people involved. If you are associated with a school, include a letter of good standing on the school’s letterhead. If you are not associated with a school, please include a copy of your state ID
- Three line project synopsis
- Any other material that you think will support your proposal package (location photos, storyboards, past work, etc.)