Deadline: 2 December 2014
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) is seeking applications to fund one or more organizations from Uganda through a five year cooperative agreement. The program will enable more than 600,000 Ugandan children, youth and their caregivers to access core services for improving health, nutrition, food security, education, and psychosocial well-being and prevent, and respond to child abuse, exploitation and neglect.
The goal of this five-year investment is to improve wellbeing of children and youth orphaned and made vulnerable by HIV. The program will be focusing more in central and western part of Uganda. Districts targeted in these two regions include: Hoima, Kasese, Kibaale, Kyenjojo, Wakiso, Mityana, Kampala, Luweero, Kamwenge, Bushenyi, Kanungu, Kabale, Ntugamo, Kiruhura, Rukungiri, Isingiro, Mukono.
The funds available for the program are approximately $38,500,000 to be allocated over the five year period. The anticipated start date of the program is 5 February 2015.
- Orphaned and vulnerable children, youth and their caregivers are better economically empowered to access core services.
- Local governments and civil society organizations (CSOs) increase and improve core services for orphaned and vulnerable children, youth, and their caregiver.
- Improved coordination of community-based and socio-economic services.
- Any U.S. or non-U.S. organizations, non-profit, or for-profit entity is eligible to apply.
- Applications from potential new partners are encouraged.
- Minimum cost share of 5% is a requirement.
How to apply?
Applications shall be submitted via email. Certifications are not to be submitted with the application. Technical and Cost Applications must be submitted in separate files. USAID will consider only applications conforming to the prescribed format in Times New Roman 11pt, compatible MS Word and PDF versions and budgets as text accessible, Excel spreadsheets.
For more information visit grants.gov and search for funding opportunity number RFA-617-14-000014.