Deadline: 2 December 2014
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) is seeking applications (proposals for funding) from U.S. non-profit organizations for the production, packaging, and stockpiling of shelf-stable, prepackaged commodities to be distributed under the International Food Relief Partnership (IFRP) program. Any commodity that meets the requirement and appropriate for any beneficiary group in the developing world including families, displaced persons, adults, school children, HIV/AIDS patients, and moderately malnourished children can apply for it.
USAID anticipates awarding up to three grants for a total of up to $6.5 million per year. The grants may be awarded for up to three years each. Anticipated award date is around January 2015. The period of performance is three years, with up to two optional one-year extensions.
- Commodity production, packaging, and stockpiling grants
- Transport, delivery, and distribution grants
- Applicant must be a U.S. based non-profit entity.
- Applicant must have an ability to obtain the ability and capacity to produce a minimum of $1 million worth of metric tonnage of commodity within the first six (6) months of the award.
- Applications from potential new partners are encouraged.
- Applicants are encouraged to submit separate applications for each commodity that has a different nutritional content. There are no limits to the number of applications an organization may submit.
- Preference will be given to organizations that will provide non-federal funds in an amount equal to fifty (50) percent of the amount of funds received under the grant.
- Applicants must submit both technical and cost proposals.
How to apply?
- Applicants must complete both direct entry and document upload portions of the application in order to be considered for funding.
- Emailed, faxed and hard copy applications are not acceptable.
- Applicants should retain for their records one copy of the full application and all attachments which accompany their application.
For more information visit grants.gov and search for funding opportunity number 2015-IFRP-RFA-0001.