The Skoll Awards for Social Entrepreneurship support social entrepreneurs whose work has the potential for large-scale influence on critical challenges of our time: environmental sustainability, health, tolerance and human rights, institutional responsibility, economic and social equity, and peace and security.
The Skoll Awards provide later-stage, or mezzanine, funding, which is generally structured as a $1 million award paid out over three years.
In most cases, the grant is provided for core support to help organizations expand their programs and capacity to deliver long-term, sustainable equilibrium change.
The Skoll Awards are not intended for new or early-stage programs or initiatives.
Programs submitted for consideration should have a track record of no less than three years.
Qualifying organizations will:
· Be led by a social entrepreneur
· Have implemented innovative programs that demonstrate effective approaches to critical social and environmental challenges with global implications.
Organizations developing local or regional models for replication on a national or international scale should show that the location where the model is being tested is central to the issue in question.
Examples are peace and security initiatives in conflict regions, biodiversity solutions in species-rich “hot spots,” educational opportunities in inner cities and disease treatments at the source of potential epidemics.
· Be able to describe a clear, long-term path to creating an equilibrium change
· Demonstrate proof of concept with measurable outcomes
· Have a clear, compelling plan for reaching scale
· Demonstrate a track record of at least three years
· Have a clear plan for long-term financial and operational sustainability
· Commit to working with peers and the Skoll Foundation to share learning and communicate success strategies
Awards will be presented publicly at a ceremony at the Skoll World Forum, which occurs at the end of every March in Oxford, England.
Please note that applicants who are not selected must wait 24 months before reapplying.
Deadlines: 17th February.
For more award information and application, see: Skoll Awards for Social Entrepreneurship Website