The Waitt Foundation invites grant applications for Small Grants to implement big ocean conservation issues. The grant opportunity is entitled the Rapid Ocean Conservation (ROC) Grants Program that offers grants up to $10,000.
The ROC Grants will serve as an innovative solution catalyst by rapidly responding to urgent needs in ocean conservation with a focus on marine protected areas and sustainable fishing. The grants aim to support higher-risk ideas on a global scale.
- Scientific Research
- International applicants must provide proof and documentation of charitable status (examples: articles of incorporation, charter, certificate of registered charity).
- US applicants must have a U.S. tax identification number and be able to provide a current copy of their IRS 501(c)(3) determination letter.
- Project must support sustainable fishing and/or MPAs as elaborated in the program focus section.
- Applicants need not hold advanced degrees, but must demonstrate an equivalent experience and expertise with respect to the proposed project.
- Applicants must have and maintain legitimate affiliation with an academic institution or NGO for the duration of the grant project.
- Grants should constitute the sole or primary source of funding for the proposed project.
- Spending of grant funds must commence within 1 month of granting, and be completed within 6.
- Funds cannot be used for event sponsorships (e.g. conferences, workshops).
- Applicants must submit a project specific budget explaining how the funds would be used.
- Applications must be submitted via website (online application system).
For more information, please visit Waitt Foundation ROC Grants Program.