All the school/university students around the globe are invited to participate in the Think.Eat.Save Student Challenge to fight against food waste and encourage children (as well as the elders) to help save people around the globe from hunger and malnutrition.
If you are a school/university student, take action by launching a team project that will prevent or reduce food waste; raise awareness among students and teachers to stop wasting food; spread the word to all your friends on your social media networks and bring about changes in at least your school or your country to help reduce malnutrition, help people around the globe fill their stomach.
The winners will be announced on 15 December 2014. The UNEP will send the winners an email notification.
- US$5,000 – 1st Prize
- US$3000 – 2nd Prize
- US$2,000 – 3rd Prize
- Ideas & approach
- Results accomplished
- Level of interest and support generated
- Entrants can be any students at the secondary and university levels from any school worldwide.
- Proposed project should address one of the following:
- Assess the level of food waste that is generated by the school and identify/understand the causes of this.
- Generate an idea or ideas for eliminating or reducing food waste in their schools and undertaking a project to implement at least one of these.
- Raise awareness in their schools or communities on the issue of food waste and why it should be reduced and eventually eliminated.
- Entrants can be individuals or teams.
- Participants should formulate and implement their activity from registration date till 16 November. The posting of entries should be made on 16 November 2014.
- Entries can be submitted in one of the following languages – Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish.
- Entrant under the age of 18 must get consent of their parent/guardian/school.
- Submissions must have been taken witht the permission of the subject(s) and/or venue/location and does not infringe on the copyright of any third party.
- The entrant warrants that they own the copyright for the submissions and for the usage rights required by the challenge, and that their entry does not infringe on the privacy rights, copyright or any other rights of any person.
How to Enter & Promote the Project?
- Signup for the Challenge.
- Create a project on how you can reduce (or check) the food waste in your school. Think about an innovative solution and implement the proposed solution to bring about the changes you think you can bring.
- Come back to your account on the website to report your accomplishments once the project is completed. You will have to describe what the project was, its objectives and the results.
- You should post the supporting photos on your own twitter, Facebook or Instagram accounts using the hashtag #ThinkEatSave.
- Make your social media accounts public so that your work gets promoted.
- You can post maximum 3 minutes videos on your Youtube Channel. (need not upload a professionally produced video)
- Promote your projects as much as you can.
- Share the links to facebook photo albums, instagram photoes and/or Youtube video in your report.
For more information, please visit ThinkEatSave Student Challenge.