The Kenya Community Development Foundation (KCDF) has issued this call for proposals for open grants targeting innovative community driven projects or initiatives seeking to address social justice and poverty challenges in a sustainable way in Kenya.
Civil society organizations in Kenya working with communities across all sectors can apply for this grant opportunity. The GRANTS are managed by KCDF, a public community foundation based in Kenya supporting community development since 1997 and has been made possible through financial support from Comic Relief.
Possible areas of intervention
- Capacity Building – Strategies for strengthening Civil Society Organizations in the project area.
- Community Adaptation & Economic Empowerment – Social enterprise and wealth generating activities that provides demonstrable benefit as well as promotion of alternative livelihood options for vulnerable communities and or their local organizations.
- Policy and Practice – Initiatives that seek to create awareness of specific government policies, as well as influence policy makers in addressing policy limitations and gaps.
- Governance & Leadership – Support participation of civil society in processes that enhance leadership, governance and accountability at the grass-root level (keeping in mind the devolved government system envisioned in the new constitution).
- Synergy and Partnerships Building – Fostering of quality partnerships and promotion of networks and alliances with other actors.
- Community Participation & Social Accountability – Support to enhance transparency and accountability in public sector including improving access to information, freedom of participation in matters of public interest as well as right to justice.
- Affirmative Action – Advancing the rights of vulnerable groups including women,children, persons with disabilities and the elderly.
- Local Resource Mobilization – Promoting local resource mobilization and increased leverage on private and public resources
The project implementation period shall be 12 months with possibility of renewal or extension for an additional 12 months.
The deadline for submission of proposals is 29 November 2011. For more information, visit this link