Deadline: 31 July 2014
The deadline for Ockenden International Prize 2015, an opportunity to fly to the United Kingdom to present your project, is approaching near. If you are an organization with programs, projects or activities fostering self-reliance for the refugees and displaced people anywhere around the globe, this opportunity is for you! If you are not the actor but know an organization working on the sector, The Ockenden International requests you to nominate the organization for the grant prize.
- $100000 for the grand winner
- $25000 each to two runner ups
The three winners will present their projects to a specialist panel of five judges on 3 March 2015 at Lady Margaret Hall, Oxford University. The 2015 Presentation ceremony will award the three winners with their winning amounts.
Particular attention is given to the
- Initiatives that promote self-reliance among refugees and/or displaced people.
- Approaches that have proved to be highly effective in improving the lives of refugees and/or displaced people.
- Work that has been carried out in especially difficult circumstances.
- Organizations with strong governance and financial management.
The applicants must be able to show that there have been measurable achievements and outcomes leading to real change in the lives of those helped.
The submitted project must
- Benefit refugees or displaced people.
- Be initiated no earlier than 1 May 2011.
- Focus on helping refugees and/or displaced people.
The organizers consider postal entries from the registered charities without access to the Internet.