Deadline: 21 November 2014
The London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) invites grant applications from researchers and institutions in low-and middle-income countries (as well as the developed countries) to apply for the Innovative Metrics and Methods for Agriculture and Nutrition Actions (IMMANA) Competitive Research Grants. These grants are aimed to speed up the development of innovative and interdisciplinary methods, metrics and tools to advance the scientific understanding of the linkages between agriculture and food systems and health and nutrition outcomes, in order to better inform policy and programmatic actions to improve nutrition outcomes in low-and middle-income countries (LMICs).
Approximately seven to eight grants will be awarded. Maximum grants amount for the first round is up to £250,000 for each research. Research duration can be two to three years depending on the nature and scope of the proposed research.
Note the Key Dates
- 21 November 2014 – Concept Memos submission deadline
- 10 December 2014 – Selected applications invited to submit full proposals
- 20 February 2014 – Full proposal submission deadline
- 15 May 2015 – Awards notification
- 1 September – 31 December 2015 – Grants dissemination start period
- Applicants can be researchers and institutions from low-and middle-income countries (LMICs) as well as the developed countries.
- Applicants must have demonstrated the ability to conduct research of international standards of excellence in the topic proposed.
- Proposal must demonstrate strong partnerships, the added value that would be created by the proposed partnership, and the contribution it would make to enhance the scientific capacity of Southern partners.
- Applicants may submit more than one application, provided each application is scientifically distinct.
For more information, please visit IMMANA Call for Applications.