Deadline: 31 March 2015
The Antipode Foundation is accepting grant applications for its two types of funding opportunities -
Scholar-Activist Project Awards to support collaborative research with artistic, community, cultural, grassroots, or social movement groups; the production of educational materials and other innovative pedagogical initiatives; and the promotion of links between universities and institutions/organizations outside the academy. Adventurous initiatives that explore and go beyond the boundaries of established academic practice are highly encouraged.
International Workshop Awards to fund work that leads to the exchange of ideas across disciplinary boundaries, countries and sectors; and to the building of relationships and productive partnerships. Participation and engagement, cooperation and co-enquiry, whether with fellow scholars, research groups, university departments, NGOs, think tanks or social movements are highly encouraged. Adventurous initiatives that explore the boundaries of established academic practice, and that trespass and disrupt disciplinary borders are encouraged.
Grant Allocations:Up to £10,000 to each project under both Scholar-Activist Project Awards & International Workshop Awards.
- Applicants can be anyone including academics and students, and activists of all kinds but the grant must be held and administered by a host institution.
- Proposed projects must take place within the year of award i.e. between 1 June 2015 and 31 May 2016.
- Those who have already received funding for a previous project under Scholar-Activist Project are not eligible to apply for another.
- Eligible expenses under International Workshop Awards may include economy-class travel, translation, accommodation and catering.
- Applications must demonstrate activities that have implications for praxis, to better understand contemporary political concerns and to develop alternatives.
Note: Applications from historically under-represented groups, regions, countries and institutions are strongly encouraged.
For more information, please visit Antipode Foundation funding opportunities for 2015.