Deadline: 30 December 2014
The Comic Relief visioning a just world free from poverty accepts grant applications from organizations in Sub-Saharan Africa and from the select invited organizations outside Africa to benefit from its International Grants.
The Comic Relief makes grant support in health sector in countries where the under-five mortality rate is above 80 per 1000 live births and/or where the maternal mortality rate is above 300 per 100,000 (according to annual UN inter-agency group data)
7 (Seven) Goals of Comic Relief
- Women aged 15-49 and children under five have improved health
- Disadvantaged children and adults gain access to, and attain, a good quality of education
- Women and girls are equal and respected members of society
- Slum dwellers have an improved quality of life
- Children and young people at risk are safer, with greater opportunities to increase their skills and life prospects
- People affected by HIV have an improved quality of life
- Poor people can improve their income through trade, enterprises and employment
- Support young people at key transitions in their lives
- Develop young leaders, improve participation and voice
- Provide greater safety, reduce violence and abuse for vulnerable people and increase community cohesion
- Reduce stigma and discrimination, change attitudes and bringe greater equality
- Applicants must be organizations in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Applicants can submit more than one application in the same year.
- Proposed project (single) can include up to three goals.
For more information, please visit CR International Grant.