The goal of Nike Foundation’s Global Advocacy Request for Proposals for the Girl Declaration is to ensure that the guiding principles, goals and targets of the Girl Declaration are integrated into the post-2015 framework. This Request for Proposals is for projects implemented at the global level.
In line with this strategy, the primary objectives of this Request for Proposals are to:
- Mobilize support for the Girl Declaration at the global level, and among leaders and influencers of the post-2015 process, in particular.
- Ensure that the guiding principles, goals and targets of the Girl Declaration are included in the technical negotiations that take place within the walls of the UN.
- Support global-level advocacy on adolescent girls and the post-2015 agenda.
- Encourage greater collaboration and information-sharing between organizations advocating for adolescent girls in the post-2015 framework
The list of activities below is not prescriptive, nor exhaustive, but provides organizations with an idea of the type of activities the Nike Foundation is considering for this initiative:
- Developing and executing an advocacy strategy
- Developing messages, messengers and outreach opportunities
- Developing and producing advocacy and communications materials
- Staff time to track, synthesize and analyze the post-2015 negotiations and to manage relationships with key influencers
- Participation in relevant conferences, events and dialogues
The Foundation is looking to fund three to five organizations up to $250,000 for an 18-month period. The number of grants awarded will be determined by the number and magnitude of applications. The Nike Foundation will require prior-approval of communications products developed with funds through this grant program.
For more information, click here to download the full information about Nike Foundation’s Global Advocacy Request for Proposals.
To apply for this opportunity, you also need to download the following: