Deadline: 16 May 2014
The Delegation of the European Union to Tajikistan is seeking proposals under ‘Peace Building Partnership Program: Youth Employment as Conflict Prevention and Peacebuilding Vector’ Grant Support to In-country Actors to Prevent and Respond to Crisis in Fragile and Conflict-Affected Situations. Lack of employment opportunity is one of the major reasons of instability in Tajikistan others to be mentioned specifically being lack of alternatives, increased number of drug users. The major objective of the grant program is to strengthen the capacity of civil society organizations and support activities that create, restore or consolidate appropriate ways, tools and mechanisms at local and regional level to prevent conflicts and contribute to durable peace.
The grantee should implement local initiatives in fragile and conflict-affected areas. The grant supports in-country capacities for effective conflict management and peace building.
Grant request should be made in between €300,000 and €500,000 which is 60% to 80% of the total eligible cost for the action. The initial planned duration of an action should be at least 24 months and at most 36 months. Applicants may propose financial support to third parties in order to help achieving the objectives of the Action. The maximum amount of financial support per third party is € 60 000, except where financial support to third parties is the main purpose of the action in which case no thresholds apply.
- Employment driven actions aiming at diverting youth from engaging in gangs and other forms of violence, or their recruitment by extremist groups
- Professional initiatives aiming at employment opportunities
- Actions to promote youth civic engagement, empowering them to play an active role in their communities and public affairs affecting them
- Applicants must be legal person in non-profit making organization.
- The organization must be established in a Member state of European Union or in the Republic of Tajikistan.
- Applicants must be non-state actors (NSA) [non-governmental organizations, organizations representing indigenous peoples, local citizens' groups and traders' associations, cooperatives, trade unions, organizations representing economic and social interests, local organizations (including networks) involved in decentralized regional cooperation and integration, consumer organizations, women's and youth organizations, teaching, cultural, research and scientific organizations, universities, churches and religious associations and communities, the media and any non-governmental associations and private and public foundations].
- Applicants must be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary.
- Proposed actions must take place in Badahshan region (GBAO) of Tajikistan.
- The proposed actions should be designed to produce specific, measurable results in response to identified problems.
For more information, please visit Peace Building Partnership Program, download the document and read thoroughly.