Deadline: 27 July 2014
The European Commission invites all eligible parties to implement program designed to provide Support to Health and Nutrition of the Poor in Urban Bangladesh. The major objective of the grant program is to improve and increase sustainable, integrated and comprehensive primary health care services delivery including nutrition for the urban poor in Bangladesh.
Grant request can be made in between €2,000,000 and €3,000,000 which must be 50% to 75% of the total eligible costs of the action. The initial planned duration of the action should be at least 36 months and at most 42 months. Applicants can propose financial support to third parties so as to achieve the program objectives. The maximum support per third party is €60,000, except where financial support to third parties is the main purpose of the action in which case no thresholds apply.
Types of Action:
- Creating New Primary Health Care
- Consolidating Existing Services
The grantee will offer an adapted and friendly service to each patient according to her/his age, sex, health status and financial status. Better skilled health workers are must to offer the best health services.
- Applicants must be legal person.
- The applicant organization must be established in a Member State of the European Union or a Member of the European Economic Area (Iceland, Lichtenstein, Norway), or an official Candidate Country as recognized by the EU (Croatia, Iceland, Macedonia, Turkey), or a beneficiary country of the DCI, or an OECD/DAC member country (Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States).
- Applicant must be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary.
- Applicant must be able to provide an agreement with Municipalities of Bangladesh where the action will be implemented, or a plan to get this agreement. Applicants who have already entered into an agreement with Municipalities are given priority.
- Proposed action must take place in Dhaka and other large municipalities in Bangladesh with more than 150,000 population.
Note: Applicants must register in PADOR to submit the concept note because Europe Aid ID is required in the paper version of the concept note. Applicants are recommended to begin the registration as soon as possible.
For more information, please visit EU Health and Nutrition Support, download guidelines and read thoroughly. Also find the link to Europe Aid website to register the organization.