The goal of Nike Foundation’s Global Advocacy Request for Proposals for the Girl Declaration is to ensure that the guiding principles, goals and targets of the Girl Declaration are integrated into the post-2015 framework. This Request for Proposals is for projects implemented at the national or regional level.
In line with this strategy, the primary objectives of this Request for Proposals are to:
- Build girls’ leadership skills, provide them with a platform to voice their opinions and ideas, and work with them to strengthen and amplify their voices in the post-2015 process at the national and regional levels.
- Mobilize support for the Girl Declaration among leaders and influencers in key member states.
- Ensure that the guiding principles, goals and targets set forth in the Girl Declaration are prioritized by key member states, including in official negotiations, public statements and positions on the post-2015 agenda.
- Encourage greater collaboration and information-sharing between organizations advocating for adolescent girls in the post-2015 agenda.
- Enhance the capacity of organizations advocating for adolescent girls in the post-2015 agenda at the national and regional levels.
The list of activities below is not prescriptive, nor exhaustive, but provides organizations with an idea of the type of activities the Nike Foundation is considering for this initiative:
- Building a community of advocates, including identifying and training advocates, messaging workshops, etc.
- Conducting and sharing the analysis of national positions on post-2015 and their alignment with the Nike Foundation and other partners
- Developing bespoke engagement plans for advocacy targets
- Meetings with policy makers, including meetings between policy makers and adolescent girls
- Developing and producing advocacy and communications materials
- Media activities
- Organizing strategic events (such as media activities to raise awareness, policy dialogues, etc. with a specific and targeted focus)
- Staff participation in relevant coalitions and networks
The Foundation is looking to fund 3-5 organizations in the range of $500,000 for an 18-month period. The number of grants awarded will be determined by the number and magnitude of applications. The Nike Foundation will require prior-approval of communications products developed with funds through this grant program.
For more information, click here to download the full information about Nike Foundation’s Global Advocacy Request for Proposals
To apply for this opportunity, you also need to download the following: