Organizations working on Women Empowerment in Africa can send application to African Women’s Development Fund (AWDF) for institutional capacity-building and program development. The AWDF supports local, national, sub-regional and regional organizations in Africa with the grant money to strengthen their organizational capacity.
- Women’s Human Rights
- Reproductive Health and Rights
- Economic Empowerment and Livelihoods
- Governance, Peace and Security
- Arts, Culture and Sports
Grant request can be made in between $5000 – $50,000. Grants over $20,000 is made to only the organizations that operate on a regional basis.
- Applicant can be local, national, sub-regional or regional African women’s organizations, from any part of Africa.
- Applicants must be led and managed by women and in existence for at least three years.
- National or regional civil society organizations with women in their governance can apply for women-specific project that will be managed by a senior woman in the organization.
- The proposed project must demonstrate how it fits into organization’s overall strategy for the area of work or community in which it is located.
- Applicants must demonstrate how their work fits into either a local, national or regional strategy for the empowerment of African women. They should have demonstrated capacity in leadership, planning and networking.
- The proposed project must have clear evaluation and sustainability plan.
- Applicant must have potential to raise additional fund and the ability to manage funds and fund accounts in a transparent manner.
- Grant application guidelines must be followed and the application must be made in one of the thematic areas mentioned above.
- Applications can be submitted in English, French, or Portuguese via email, fax or post.
For more information, please visit AWDF Grant Guidelines