The Cities Alliance – a a global partnership for urban poverty reduction and the promotion of the role of cities in sustainable development – has launched the Catalytic Fund Call for Proposals 2014 with the aim to increase spatial, social and economic inclusion – one of our core principles – by responding to two broad imperatives:
- To produce smart, innovative and sustainable ways of collecting relevant and accurate data and information to bridge accountability, transparency and trust gaps as well as to support inclusive city planning and responsive service delivery; and
- To initiate a dynamic engagement between city decision makers, service providers, communities, informal worker groups and other excluded groups that are currently not fully reflected within the city’s formal governance and planning process.
The Cities Alliance believes strongly that a better knowledge of cities, and innovative and collaborative ways to generate such information, will help bridge the engagement, information and accountability gaps between city governments and their citizens. It will also help support future good governance and planning processes.
Proposals are requested along any one of five focus areas. All proposals will need to demonstrate how gender is mainstreamed through the planned activities. Applicants may also link their chosen focus area with one or more of the others.
- Know your city finances and assets
- Know your citizens – social accountability
- Know ALL of your city and its constituencies
- Know the future potential of your city – methodologies for planning
- Know the emerging issues