Deadline: 24 June 2014
All eligible organizations are invited to submit Concept Notes on European Commission’s Community-based and partnership projects on Food Security Thematic Programme 2014. The major objective of this programme is to improve the nutritional status of the social groups which continue to suffer most from the deterioration of the national socio economic conditions.
- Lot 1 – Community-based projects: Implementing community-based projects which will contribute to stabilize utilization and availability of food, to improve access to food, and to enhance people’s nutritional status by further building and strengthening the resilience of cooperative farms, communities and households, communities and households, the diversification of production, the balanced diet, the empowerment of women and the promotion of behavioral change in nutrition.
- Lot 2 – Partnership projects: Building the technical and institutional capacity of relevant DPRK organizations concerned with food security matters, to enable them to:
- Initiate, or build on, contacts and best practices and lessons learned with non-Korean institutions
- Update and/or upgrade their technical knowledge in order to strengthen their technical capacity to address the various structural food security issues and challenges
- Further fulfill their mandate, and effectively and efficiently input in national policies which have an impact on the people’s food security and nutrition situation
Grant request can be made in Lots:
- Lot 1 - Community-based projects: Indicative allocation of EUR 5 850 000
- Lot 2 - Partnership projects: Indicative allocation of EUR 900 000
- Be legal persons
- Be non-profit-making
- Be specific types of organisations such as: non-governmental organisations, research and/or vocational training institutions, universities and academies, public sector operators, local authorities, international (inter-governmental) organisations as defined by Article 43 of the Rules of application of the EU Financial Regulation;
- Be established in a Member State of the European Union or an eligible country as defined by the Regulation No 233/2014 of the European Parliament and of the Council (this obligation does not apply to international organisations), including the DPRK
- Be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary.