Deadline: 20 June 2014
The United States African Development Foundation (USADF), in partnership with General Electric Africa (GE) and the United State Agency for International Development (USAID) invites proposals for the Power Africa Off-Grid Energy Challenge Round Two.
Type of Renewable Energy Technologies may be (not limited to)
- Geothermal and Hybrid Systems
- Applicants must be located and have their projects implemented in one of the following countries- Kenya, Nigeria, Tanzania, Ghana, Ethiopia, Liberia. The organizations must not be government owned or operated in any way.
- Applicants may be developers of their own technology and/or may be acquiring and implementing technology developed elsewhere.
- Applicants must be legally registered in the project country, demonstrate the capacity to track and manage the project resources and operate in good standing with their local government.
- Projects must be focused on increasing sustainable energy access – particularly off-grid solutions – extending the delivery of electrification to un-served and underserved communities in the target countries.
- Implementation period of proposed project should be 12 months.