Deadline: 21 July 2014
Organizations in need of fund to grow their impact of peacebuilding have an opportunity knocking their door. Peace Direct is accepting grant proposals from locally based (and registered) organizations around the globe for ‘Tomorrow’s Peacebuliders’ Competition. The local organizations that work on the front line of conflict to prevent violence and build peace, risking their lives are encouraged to submit the grant proposals.
The term ‘Peacebuilding’ stands for Stopping Violence and Destructive Conflict; and Building Just and Sustainable Peace. Peace Direct provides resources that the local peacebuilders, need to carry out their work. Peace Direct has distributed over £2 million in funding to number of peacebuilding groups across Africa, Asia and Latin America since 2004.
Total four organizations will be selected to be the winners for 2014 Tomorrow’s Peacebuilders Competition. The winners will be announced on Armistice Day, 11 November 2014.
- $4,000 funding for peacebuilding activities
- The opportunity to attend an international Peace Direct peacebuilder event or another peacebuilding exchange visit
- Online promotion of their work (including on the Insight on Conflict and Peace Direct websites and newsletters)
- Entrants will need to show how they are making communities more peaceful, or breaking the cycle of violence.
- Entrant must be a locally based registered organization or community association, established for at least 2 years.
- Entrant must be either a peacebuilding organization or has peacebuilding as a substantial element of work.
- Entrant must have a maximum annual income of $60,000 USD or less. At least one of the four winners will have an annual income of less than US$10,000.
- Entrant must be an independent organization, not an in-country or satellite organization of an international NGO.
- Applications can be submitted in English, French or Spanish.
For further information please visit Tomorrow’s Peacebuilders.