The Diamond Challenge will open in September of 2014 for students to register in teams (with a teacher or mentor per team to advise the students) and use the video curriculum to learn entrepreneurial skills. This is an opportunity to explore entrepreneurship as a viable career path and learn the valuable skills to prepare oneself as future entrepreneur.
- Register in a team of 2-4 student members and a teacher to advise them.
- Learn from the curriculum consisting of 12 short videos that guide through the process of developing a new business concept.
- Submit 3-5 page business concepts to participate in the competition.
- Pitch the concept in front of judges.
- Win Prizes!
- Pursue the business concept or use the prize money for higher education!
The evaluation is conducted in two rounds
- Preliminary Round – All selected written concepts will be presenting their pitch.
- Final Round – Concepts selected from the preliminary round will move on to compete for the top prizes.
- First Place- $7,500 for the first place team. $1,000 to the team’s school/sponsoring teacher to fund entrepreneurial education initiatives at their school.
- Second Place- $5,000 for the second place team. $750 to the team’s school/sponsoring teacher to fund entrepreneurial education initiatives at their school.
- Third Place- $2,500 for the third place team. $500 to the team’s school/sponsoring teacher to fund entrepreneurial education initiatives at their school.
- Social Impact Prize- $2,500 to the team that presents the concept with the greatest social impact potential.
- Finalist Prizes- $500 to each team selected to compete in the final round.
- The teams that pursue their ideas also receive additional in-kind services (legal, accounting, incorporation etc).
For more information, please visit Diamond Challenge.