Deadline: 20 July 2014
The University of Delaware’s Horn Program invites Letter of Interest from organizations working in economic development and youth empowerment to partner for the Diamond Challenge- a real world business concept competition with an educational purpose.
The Diamond Challenge is a premier entrepreneurial education competition that aims to provide all eligible high school students with an outstanding opportunity to explore entrepreneurship as a viable career path and help them acquire valuable knowledge and skills. The participating students will work in groups of 2-4 to prepare and submit a written business concept and pitch to panel of local and regional professionals. They will be supported by a curriculum developed on real world best practices for conceiving and validating new business ideas.
The implementing partners will be provided training, modest pilot funding (up to $3,000 in milestone payments) and project management assistance. The organization will recruit student teams and teacher participants. Other responsibilities include:
- Manage the written and preliminary rounds of business concept submissions including the solicitation of judges.
- Hold a preliminary round pitch competition where a top overall team and a top social impact team are selected to move on to the final round in the USA.
- Work with a fundraising team to cover a portion of the winning team’s travel to the USA for the final round.
- Provide any trainings or information sessions necessary to best implement the project in their country/region.
- Youth & Adolescents
- Economic Development
- Entrepreneurship & Business Education
- Applicants must be members of an established non-governmental organization. Priority is given to the following target countries though all countries will be considered: Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines, Malaysia, Peru, Ecuador, Paraguay, Chile and Bolivia.
- Applicants must prove a track record in at least two (2) of the above mentioned thematic areas concerning the target countries.
- Applicants must have available network of various stakeholders (schools, teachers, students, business leaders, professionals, entrepreneurs, government officials, local communities) in the thematic areas concerning the target countries. Applicants must have experience in impacting the stakeholders.
- Applicants must have strong communication skills and a working knowledge of the English language.
Interested applicants must send Letter of Interest to the organizers at email@example.com by the deadline.