Deadline: 24 June 2014
The Delegation of the European Union to the Republic of Kazakhstan invites grant applications for European Instrument for Democracy and Human Rights (EIDHR)-Country based support schemes (CBSS) Kazakhstan. The primary objective of this particular call is to support actions in areas covered by the EU Guidelines on torture and ill-treatment: The focus is on strengthening the role of civil society in their prison monitoring functions, in particular as concerns the implementation of the National Mechanism against Torture.
Grant applications can be made in between EUR60,000 and EUR80,000 which can be 50%-95% of the total eligible costs of the action. The initial planned duration of an action should be at least 12 months and at most 30 months. Activities may involve expert support on reporting, special training on prison monitoring methods, improving the co-operation between CSOs and the Ombudsman office, etc.
Types of Activity
- Monitoring and watchdog activities
- Advocacy campaigns
- Awareness raising and public communication activities
- Applicants must be legal person in non-profit making organization.
- Applying organization must be specific type of organization- non-governmental organization, public sector operator international organization as defined by Article 43 of the Rules of application of the EU Financial Regulation.
- Applying organization must be established in Kazakhstan or a Member State of the European Union. This obligation does not apply to international organizations.
- Applicant must be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary.
- Proposed actions must take place in Kazakhstan. Eligible types of action include- trial and prison monitoring activities in all regions of Kazakhstan.
- One applicant can make only one grant proposal as lead applicant but can be co-applicant in another application.
Note: Applicants as well as co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies) must register to PADOR to submit proposal.
For more information, please visit EIDHR Announcement and download relevant documents for further reading.