The Front Line Defenders provides security grants to the Human Rights Defenders (HRDs – individuals and/or organizations) at risk to improve their security and protection.
Front Line Defenders aims at protecting human rights defenders at risk, people who work, non-violently, for any or all of the rights enshrined in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR).
- Physical Security of an organization
- Digital Security
- Communication Security
- Legal Fees for HRDs who are being judicially harassed
- Medical fees for HRDs who have been attacked or who have suffered a medical condition as a result of their peaceful human rights activities
- Family assistance for imprisoned HRDs
Grant request can be made up to €7,500 which fund emergency and general security grants.
- Applicant organization must be locally based registered Human Rights Defenders organization.
- Organizations that have applied or are already receiving funding for the same purpose elsewhere are not eligible to receive funding.
- The grant support is not for the projects which focus on broader human rights issues rather than the specific situation of human rights defenders.
- Applicants must commit to return the grant to Front Line Defenders f for any reason a project does not go ahead, or gets alternative funding. The grant money cannot be reallocated for other work.
- Applications may be made in Arabic, Russian, English, French or Spanish.
For more information, please visit FLD Security Grants Program.