Deadline: 7 July 2014
The Civil Society Development Fund (run by the Embassy of France in South Africa) invites South African Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) to submit Concept Notes and the first column of logical framework to get the Fund’s support for capacity development. Applicants for selected concept notes will be invited to submit full proposals.
- Improving local governance, public participation access to basic services with a specific focus on sustainable development of communities and social cohesion.
- Promoting respect for human rights, especially those of women, children and LGBTI persons.
Grant allocation will be made for up to €40,000 per project to implement the project for 18 months duration. The grant will be up to 70% of the total budget of the project. Applying organization must contribute at least 10% of the total project budget.
- Applicant organizations must be based in South Africa region.
- Applicants can be registered non-governmental organizations (NGOs), academic institutions (including think-tanks), faith-based organizations, community-based organizations and trade unions.
- Applicants must have at least 5 years experience in the sector.
- Applicants must have sustainable and stable foundations in terms of finance, human resources and project management.
- Organizations currently funded by the CSDF are not eligible to apply for 2014 grants.
For more information, please visit CSDF Call for Proposal.